Thursday, October 6, 2011

Banana Crumb Muffins

Banana Muffins on a Mormon Holiday
Ok, so most people don't call it a Mormon Holiday, most people call it General Conference Weekend.  I just really enjoy getting to relax at home (in my PJ's) and enjoy all the great talks and spiritual messages from my couch.  One thing I wanted to do on that GC Sunday was make banana muffins with Baylee my daughter.  She loves these muffins and she loves to make them.  I think her favorite part is smashing the bananas.  She had been asking for a week if we could make them, so because sometimes I don't make enough time to just do what she wants to do, I thought this would be the perfect day, and who doesn't love the smell of yummy muffins cooking in the oven on a perfect Sunday.  Baylee is growing up so fast right before my eyes, so when she is asking to do something with me, I just love it!!  Enjoy the recipe, and I hope you find a special someone and day to make them.

My Mom made me the cute Halloween  Tea Towel.

  These are cell phone pictures, sorry!  The pics
   don't do them justice, but they are so good.
 

This is Baylee J. (see what I mean growing up too fast).
                         
Banana Crumb Muffins
1 1/2 cups flour                                    3 large, ripe bananas, mashed
1 tsp. baking soda                                3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking powder                            1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 tsp. salt                                          1/3 cup butter, melted

Topping:
1/3 cup packed brown sugar                1/8 tsp. cinnamon
1 tbsp. flour                                           1 tbsp. butter

In large bowl, combine dry ingredients.  Combine bananas, sugar, egg and butter; mix well.  Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.  Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups 3/4 full.
Combine the first 3 topping ingredients; cut in the butter until crumbly.  Sprinkle over muffins.  Bake at 375` for 18 to 20 minutes.  Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing.  Yield: One dozen

1 comment:

  1. Currently it looks like Drupal is the best blogging platform
    available right now. (from what I've read) Is that what you're using on
    your blog?

    Look into my web blog acoustic guitar chord

    ReplyDelete